Dublin Arts Connect
|National Museum of Ireland: Decorative Arts and History|
If you are visiting Dublin and interested in the arts of Ireland there are several centers of arts and culture all over the city. These includes Galleries, Museums, Theaters, Ancient Landmarks, doting across the City.
1. National Gallery of Ireland: A collection of European arts over the centuries. Merrion Square W, Dublin 2. 9:15a.m.–5:30p.m.2. National Museum of Ireland – Archeology: Showcasing ancient relics Kildare St, Dublin 2. 10a.m.–5p.m.
3. Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane: A collection of French and other arts. Charelmont House, Parnell Square N, Rotunda, Dublin 1. 10a.m.–6p.m.
4. Irish Museum of Modern Art: A collection of permanent and temporary exhibitions of art. Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Military Rd, Dublin 8. 11:30a.m.–5:30p.m.
5. Gallery of Photography: Ireland's foremost photography gallery with darkrooms and digital imaging facilities. Meeting House Square, Temple Bar, Dublin 2. 11a.m.–6p.m.
6. Abbey Theatre: Renowned theatre, founded by WB Yeats, staging new Irish and global plays. 26/27 Abbey Street Lower Dublin 1.
7. Dublinia: A child friendly museum with hundreds of years’ worth of history. Christchurch, St Michaels Hill, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8. 10a.m.–5:30p.m.
8. Dublin Castle: Historic site, dating from 1204, with 2 museums, cafes and gardens, plus state of the art rooms and a library. Dame St, Dublin 2. 9:45a.m.–4:45p.m.
9. The Douglas Hyde Gallery: Gallery of Irish and international exhibitions as well as ethnographic and craft artifacts. Trinity College, Dublin 2. 11a.m.–6p.m.
10. Temple Bar Gallery & Studios: showcasing contemporary art plus an artists' studios complex, with a busy events program. 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2, DUBLIN 2. 10a.m.–6p.m.
11. National Museum of Ireland: Decorative Arts and History: Irish haute couture and silver collections alongside exhibitions exploring Irish military history. Collins Barracks, Benburb St, Arran Quay, Dublin 7. 10a.m.–5p.m.
Aside from this are many other places of interest The Guinness storehouse, Olympia Theatre and so many galleries of contemporary Irish arts and crafts.